Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a great deal of swelling in both legs from my ankle

Customer Question

I have a great deal of swelling in both legs from my ankle to my knee caps. I have never had this happen to me before, and I have no allergies. It appears to be water. I have had this condition for three days now and have purchased knee length socks.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Nothing changes in the symptoms. My legs are swollen from the ankle to the knee.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing lower leg swelling. May I ask your age? If you take any prescription medication? Being treated for high blood pressure?