Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Right side abdominal burning sensation and sometimes on left…

Customer Question
Right side abdominal burning sensation...
Right side abdominal burning sensation and sometimes on left aide as well it’s comes and goes, it’s been like this for 1 month now pain is getting worse but it’s not going away
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Do you have this burning pain in upper or lower abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I’m a 42 year old male and it’s in the upper abdominal area
Any feedback on my question

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having right side abdominal burning sensation and sometimes on left side as well since last one month can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are: gastritis,gastirc reflux,gallbladder disease,duodenal ulcer,acute pancreatitis,liver problems.

Gastritis seems to be the most probable cause of this.

It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

To get relief ,following is recommended for you now:

· Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

· Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh