Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 3 and 1/2 year old son has been complaining of abdominal…

Customer Question
My 3 and 1/2...

My 3 and 1/2 year old son has been complaining of abdominal pain, he curls up in a ball when it happens and then vomits shortly after. I give him water but he just vomits it back up. He has vomited 5 Times in the last 4 hours. No fever or rash that I’ve seen yet. He fell asleep but woke up once crying from pain and then vomited. I’m afraid he’s going to get dehydrated, since he can’t hold anything down. What should I do? What do you think this is?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It’s not me, it’s my son. It just started about 5 hours ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No he’s pretty healthy otherwise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You may try Dramamine. The dose is:

2-6 years old: 12.5-25 mg PO q6-8hr; no more than 75 mg/day.

This can be;

Stomach bug which is usually viral, thus self limiting.

Gastritis is another possibility.

Try to give water or pedialyte, sips only at a time, so he can retain it.

If the pain or vomiting persists, he would need an exam at urgent care or emergency room.

Is this helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Great! Thanks, I’ll definitely take him in to ER if it doesn’t stop.

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl