Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 65 y.o. obese female with a smelly, slimy drainage in…

Customer Question
I am a 65...

I am a 65 y.o. obese female with a smelly, slimy drainage in armpits, around and under my breasts, in fat folds under abdomen and in vaginal area and inner

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Thigh creases

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started after antibiotics for UTI over 1yr ago.I've had several courses of Diflucan which helped temporarily and Nystatin cream. But it kept coming back. Now it is constant. Lots of itching and burning and draining.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Itching and draining over 1 year.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these issues

it sounds like you have a lot of skin fungal infections going on

skin fungus likes to grow in areas of moist skin folds which are warm

you should be using a powder like nystatin powder and vaginal antifungal treatments like monistat

fungal powders need to be applied 3-4 times a day for 4-6 weeks to kill fungus

the powders have to be used for 1-2 weeks after the rash and odor goes away to make sure the fungus goes way

and after you do that, you should be using baby powder daily on the areas to keep the skin dry to prevent the fungus from coming back

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician