Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend in an effort to rid my bedroom of potential bed…

Customer Question
My boyfriend in an...

My boyfriend in an effort to rid my bedroom of potential bed bugs purchased some Tempo powder and treated every dresser our bed and everything in our room only problem is i cannot stop sneezing and producing extreme mucus. i have asthma and now i am afraid to sleep in the room he treated.. everything has this powder on it. it there any danger in this airborne stuff in my sleeping space?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No this happened today while i was out of the apartment

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am asthmatic, diabetic, have HBP & have a cholesterol problem

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Fair to poor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

okay

I think, considering your history of asthma, you should avoid going to the room until the tempo powder is cleared from the air or from the environment as it could lead to worsening of your asthma symptoms considering that you have a lot of sneezing and producing a lot mucous.

You could be producing mucous from allergies or you could also having an infection.

If your symptoms are severe you may require a short course of oral steroids as well but you would need to monitor your blood glucose levels very carefully with steroids.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me when you are done asking.

Regards

would you know what the specific effects of exposure to this roach poison on humans.

Longterm exposure can cause side effects but only short term exposure should not cause much of a problem other than allergies and asthma flare up.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me when you are done asking.

Regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician