Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if I should go in tonight or wait till

Customer Question
I was wondering if...

I was wondering if I should go in tonight or wait till moday,my chest has been soar the last couple days,I have a little shortness of breath,when I lift my left arm the pressure in my chest increases,if I take deep breaths the pressure increases and it's hard to get a deep enough breath to cough or the pressure increases too,any chance you can hel

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I have some pressure in my chest and yes some shortness of breath,my chest has been soar a couple weeks,it's hard to get a deep breath to cough,and when I lift my left arm the pressure increases

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and gender?

Did you had any injury or lifted heavy weight?

Are you on any medications?

Numbness in left arm?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, pain in chest/shoulder which become severe with breathing is supposed to be originating from the rib cage, which is the only pain sensitive part that moves during the act of breathing.

It is most likely not related with heart disease.

Possible cause can be- traumatic or inflammatory and not something of cardiac origin.
It can occur with muscle pull or nerve compression.

You can take OTC Tylenol and take rest and avoid any stretching.

I don't feel the need to visit ER at this time. Most likely it is not related with serious issue.
However to be on safe side and for peace of mind, you can get it checked from your doctor by Monday.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh