Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having pain at the bottom of my breast bone. It’s sharp…

Customer Question
I’m having pain at...

I’m having pain at the bottom of my breast bone. It’s sharp pains. Comes and goes. I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago. It seems to be in the same area. When I push on the bone at the very bottom of my breast bone it’s very tender

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain for about 2 weeks and different positions I move makes it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure and obesity

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor

Thanks for the question and coming here. Can I ask your age? You have any other symptoms such as nausea, fever, loss of appetite? Any history of heart burns? How's your bowel movements?

31 years old. I’ve had a little bit of heart burn in the past but not very often. And I’m always constipated

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as acid-peptic disease including stomach ulcer, fattly liver disease or liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome. I will advise to see your physician for complete evaluation and tests which should include abdominal scan, Heart EKG, liver function tests, c-reactive protein. Avoid spicy or junk food, avoid alcohol. Take healthy balanced diet. You may benefit from short course of proton pump inhibitors such as Tab. Lansoprazole 30mg once a day before breakfast for 4-6 weeks.

Let me know If you need any more information. Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you.

Kind regards

Dr. A Javed

Consultant Internal medicine