Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have hypogammaglobinenema and I have been bruising more…

I have hypogammaglobinenema and...

I have hypogammaglobinenema and I have been bruising more easily. but i noticed some of my bruizing are small perfectly round slightly raised purple. No pain, just wondering if my blood disorder can be causing this

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have bells palsey and have had many surgeries, I have also been on asthma and copd medications so am i the healthiest no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had automimmune disorders prior such as epstein barr, mono, shingles

11/18/2017
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

ok so what can be causing these circular raised purple bruising. all my blood for kidney liver etc functions come back normal except for my hypodgammaglobinenema
great but i do not want to have aphone call

Well, what you are are having is called Spontaneous or Easy bruisability (that occurs

with minimal trauma which is even not appreciated at times).

Spontaneous bruising is the one that occurs unprovoked.There are few reasons; but all of them are very important that should be investigated to avoid any serious complication.

Vitamin C deficiency

Vitamin K deficiency

Liver disease (chronic)

Clotting factors abnormalities/deficiencies

Platelet dysfunction

Low platelets

Drugs etc

Good to hear that your initial basic tests are normal, but to diagnose for bleeding disorder some specialized tests are needed, which your doctor can decide.

You should see an internist for a clinical examination and investigations.

The bruising can be related to underlying skin disorder but we need to rule out a coagulopathy/bleeding disorder here at first.

my liver and kidney test came back normal levels
can it be the hypogammaglobinenema, I am now on subcontanious infusions

That's reassuring. But this still doesn't rule out any coagulopathy.

For this, as I mentioned earlier, specialized tests are required.

Hypogammaglobulinemia usually doesn't cause bleeding.

i have been feeling tired lately because if have not had an infustion in 3 weeks waiting on insurancewhat is caogulpathy and what causes it
any other signs that can point to liver desease

Coagulopathy simply means a spectrum of diseases in which there is abnormal bleeding tendency; the causes I have mentioned in my first response earlier.

There are tests to check platelet function; and tests to detect clotting factor levels in blood.

As long as the liver tests are okay, it doesn't point towards a liver disease at all.

thank you

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

oh my blood tests were extensive and in normal range but, that was in may could the liver test change in such a short time last question

No, your liver functions don't decline in such a short span of time. Its unlikely

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
ok thank you and I will do a review for you blessings

Thank you :)