Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a possible exposure about 3.5 weeks ago. I would like…

Customer Question
I had a possible...

I had a possible exposure about 3.5 weeks ago. I would like to test soon, how much longer should I wait? I'm willing to test multiple times.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I was given antibiotics the day after my exposure because I was scared of catching a bacterial STD. I now have Prostatitis and I'm on a 10 day course of Keflex

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had protected sex though and I don't know how this all happened Could yeast possibly penetrate or inflame the prostate?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

I'm pretty healthy but I now have prostatitis and my enlarged prostate pushes on my sciatic nerve

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I was given Metronidazole (4 pills), Azithromycin (2 pills) and a shot of penicillin. I now have prostatitis and urtherithis.
I am now on a 10 day script of Keflex. (on day 2)

With protected sexual intercourse, the risk of transmission of any STD in men is very low.

You can get an STD panel 1 to 2 weeks after exposure. If you are worried about HIV, then getting tested 6 weeks after the exposure will be ideal. The prostatitis should settle with the antibiotic course.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor