Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Since I have gotten cyclodiode laser for lowering my eye…

Since I have gotten...

Since I have gotten cyclodiode laser for lowering my eye pressure my right eye got shrunken and appears smaller then before. I have got PRK laser for getting rid of eye glasses and I got uvities in my both eyes. I'm 38 years old female. Please advice me is there any solution to get my eyes back in normal size.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

I got my laser PRK since August 2016 and I'm now taking Methotrexate 10mg once a week for 5 months my uvities is controlled now. I have no other disease as systematic investigation has been conducted.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had car accident in June 2015.and got face lacerations on right side of the face . But my eyes was saved. I have no other disease.

11/18/2017
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you are concerned about your eyes. The PRK (Lasik) procedure to improve vision and the cyclodiode laser to reduce your eye pressure for glaucoma are not the problem. You Uveitis is the cause of the appearance of smaller eyes (pupils) which should resolve when the uveitis is completely resolved. You are very lucky to have had success with reducing the pressure in your eyes and resolving your need for glasses/contact lenses. Your current problem is cosmetic and will go away eventually.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor