Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to my doctor 3 weeks ago with issues of congestion…

Customer Question
I went to my...

I went to my doctor 3 weeks ago with issues of congestion fatigue and light headiness plus headaches she said I have allergies now this week I have the same symptoms but with scratchy throat this is every day for a while now does this sound like normal for allergies its like I'm sick but not sick

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea but almost daily of and on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it is certainly likely that these symptoms are due to allergies. Allergies can manifest themselves in different ways however the congestion, fatigue, lightheadedness, headaches and sore throat can all be common symptoms. this would usually be managed with the help of simple OTC antihistamines like zyrtec or claritin or even benadryl. If that is not effective then you may need a short course of steroids along with allergy testing to determine what is the allergen.

The second possibility here is that you have developed sinusitis which is inflammation/infection of the siniuses which can explain all of the symptoms as well. this can occur due to a bacterial or evena viral infection and can be diagnosed with the help of a simple xray of the sinuses. The scratchy throat can be due to post nasal drip/mucus from the sinuses falling back into the throat. This would be treated with steam inhalation, saline irrigation of the sinuses, use of antihistamines, antibiotics and also with steroids.

I would suggest that you DO get evaluated for sinusitis so that it can be treated early on.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.