Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have two recent abcess which have been operated on at the…

Customer Question
I have two recent...

I have two recent abcess which have been operated on at the caboolture hospital they indecated it is connected to chrohns decease in active for some thirty years they plan consultation and maybe surgery at the Royal Brisbane with a gastro entrologist i am waiting for an appointment i now find that my stools are at least fifty percent blood i feel quite well but do you think i should go back to the hospital

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I reel tired but in good health apart from these bowel and stomach issues

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have not had very good digestion recently with bloating

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually if your stools consist of greater than 50% blood that means that you are losing a large amount of blood and this could indicate another flare up of the crohns that you have or even a superimposed bacterial infection in the intestines. Regardless of the cause, the presence of severe blood in the stools does warrant stool analysis, stool cultures and also possibly a repeat colonoscopy if the blood does not respond to steroid therapy or even antibiotics.

So i would definitely advise that you DO get this evaluated by visiting the hospital again.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.