Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If you are taking Eliquis for a DVT, what over the counter…

If you are taking...

If you are taking Eliquis for a DVT, what over the counter medication can you take for a cold/allergy problem?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Eliquis and Metoprolol. Not allergic to any medications.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Am generally healthy.

11/18/2017
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are on Eliquis (Apixaban) for DVT and you have inquired about the safe OTC cold/allergy medications. I am very familiar with these medications and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see Eliquis does not interact with most of the OTC cold/allergy medications.

You can try any of the following OTC meds;

Benadryl

Zyrtec

Allegra

Claritin

CPM (Chlorpheniramine maleate) etc

Any of the above can be used safely for cold/allergy while you are on eliquis and no serious or major drug interactions are expected to occur with any of these OTC meds.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, I earnestly hope you find the above information helpful.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss this (medications that can be safely used along with Eliquis), or any other health concerns further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)