Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'v taken artificial testosterone as a supplement for body…

Customer Question
I'v taken artificial testosterone...

I'v taken artificial testosterone as a supplement for body building, When I stopped iv had trouble with ED. What do I gotta do to fix this?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Lack of sex drive, having trouble performing an getting erect.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes. pretty good. 25yrs old in a decent physical shape.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'v had surgery for a hernia earlier this year but, the problem started before that ordeal.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually from your description, it sounds like that the testosterone boosters that you used reset the normal hormonal balance in your body to a higher level which is why you are unable to perform as you could before and are unable to achieve erections. Now usually once tyou stop the testosterone the body would reset itself back to a normal state within 1-2 months in most cases however if that does not happen then you will need to undergo testing in order to determine the severity of the problem. Additionally you would also need to get evaluated for other hormonal issues such as thyroid disorders or cortisol insufficiency which can cause this problem.

In the meantime you can use OTC supplements which can be helpful in the short term which can include,

OTC ginseng

OTC L-arginine

OTC DHEA

OTC propionyl L carnitine

These supplements should be helpful but usually the problem should correct itself within 1-2 months as i said however if does not then you should get the above tests done.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating