Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am taking 4 RX.Levothyroxine 25 mcg i per day,

Customer Question
I am taking 4...

I am taking 4 RX.Levothyroxine 25 mcg i per day, Lisinopril/hctz 20- 12.5 mg 1 per day, bactrim ds 800-160, 2 per day, and metronidazole 500 mg 3 per day. In the lastl 48 hours I have been experiencing severe cramping and pain down the back side of my left leg. I am a 70 year old white female. 5'7" 260 #. Should I be worried? I've never had these pains before.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take vitamins. Have ild allergies to penicillin and ocdeine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Taking the last 2 for a severally infected cat scratch on my right leg.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have pain from back radiating towards leg?

Have you noticed swelling in back of leg?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Have you got such symptoms in past?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Thanks for staying online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, such symptoms can be related with these possibilities-

1. Muscle cramp- These are sudden, painful contractions of the muscles. They can be brief or last for several minutes at a time.

2. Muscle strain.

Such symptoms can occur with-Imbalance in Calcium , Magnesium , Sodium and potassium levels in blood. Dehydration can also be a cause.

Also it is possible that you may have problem with the nerves in your lower back, and it is causing radiating pain in calf muscle.

For the time, you should take Tab. Vit. B Complex and Cap. Vitamin E as supplements and you should not stand for a long time.

If you have associated swelling. redness, skin discoloration, feeling of warmth in the calf, than it can be related with blood clot.

You will be requiring blood tests , nerve conduction studies , doppler/ultrasound.

Please see your primary doctor for clinical evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor