Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dentist put me on amoxi for tooth infection befor extraction…

Dentist put me on...

Dentist put me on amoxi for tooth infection befor extraction 4 days later my body joints muscles are all aching terrible,have little lumps behind my ear and up my next ,Dr sent me home and said stop taking it and take pain med,this seem riskysince my tooth feels worse then before

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Acute

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I told him every thing he should know I react to some drugs like demerol morfen and some generic meds too

11/18/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are likely due to allergy due to Amoxicillin.

Once this reaction subsides; your doctor may like to give you another antibiotic.

With a dental infection; you would require further antibiotic, I agree.

The lumps around the ear and neck may be due to dental infection induced lymph nodes.

Application of clove oil, Motrin and salt water gargles may help you meanwhile.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I can't see my dentist till wed do you think this will be okay?
sorry right now we are in a cri
sis not much money around these days so sorry

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

The recommendation is to stop antibiotic (when there is an allergic reaction) and to defer another antibiotic till the reaction subsides (unless there is something serious or life threatening).

If you do not have progressive increasing pain or fever; it is okay to wait till Wednesday.

It is privilege asssisting you.

Thank you so much for you kindness an med help.Have a good day!!

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
the dentist gave me a new medication Teva-clindamycin after 4 days I was upall night with way worse joint pain neck pain and headache and chills. I quit taking it .last one was at 7pm saturday and by 6am this morning the efects started to leave now I just feel sore all over.How can I find out why I am having these affects.

You can get in vivo and in vitro allergy tests for antibiotics.

These effects are allergic reactions to antibiotic.

The tests will recommend which one would agree with you.

thank you so much again!!

You are most welcome.

Good luck.

Happy Holiday season.

sorry to bother you again but The nuse pract, disregarded our in formation as you can get anything on line and that my symtoms are not valid for the antibiotics I took I disagree fully sinse I know what happened Now I have thrush and there is no point seeing her and it takes three week to see your Dr. here. Is there a treatment I could do without getting a perscription because by three weeks it will only be worse

You may do Betadine swish or gargles instead of antibiotic.

can you get this without perscription

Yes.