Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have PTSD. I have been Molested by an ex uncle at 14 and…

Customer Question
I have PTSD. I...

I have PTSD. I have been Molested by an ex uncle at 14 and have been Raped about 20x's since then by others. I was a drunk since then .One of them got caught and got 20 yrs, but he has been out for years. I feel ugly as hell. Became agoraphobic at 15 and can go out now but only with someone else. soon i have to move where i wont have someone to go out with. im 57 yrs. old and will be living alone for the 1st time ever in a small trailor. Im scared. Im getting a small dog to help me, but how do i stop feeling so damn ugly? I quit drinking march 19th 2014 and never went back but ppl. have said they could see that i was an alcoholic when i tell them that part of my life! The drunks ive hung out with said i was more fun as a drunk but it's so not true. i was HORRIBLE to my family and most still wont talk to me. Im dreading the Holidays. How do i make myself feel better? I really have no friends except my roommate who is my ex bf. but he has to move n so do i. The trailor im moving into isnt even legall, so i hope i dont get caught. im on ssd disability and in Bad health. i walk with a walker. I feel like i will be alone for the rest of my life. I went threw Dual diagnosis for years. it didnt make me feel pretty but it helped me in some ways. Please help me! Im to ugly to go on TV and couldnt go alone. Can you give me advice on how to be pretty like everyone else? I also have anxiety i have to take meds for. Klonopins. Thank you for listening if you get this!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Nothing helps. Especially when im around ppl. yet im so darned lonely. I got a not for a service dog which i thought would be free but it's not. i believe the training is free. Living in a small Trailor at the end of Dec. i have to have a small lap dog. This has been going on since 14. I now walk with a walker which makes me feel even worse!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ive just found out today by my heart Dr. that my heart was at 20% last time i saw him but is now up to 35%. If it gets lower, i will have to get a pace maker or something. Ive had a heart attack n tripple bypass, i have Anti phospho Lipid syndrome, depression and anxiety, congestive heart failor, and Neuropothy. They know all of this. oh and copd

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly.
You have a number of issues with your health that can create fear for your future. You talk about feeling ugly but you have to give up wanting this to go away. I think you should talk to a counselor about the fears you may or may not realize. Heart trouble with triple bypass in the past. COPD is not easy to live with. Loneliness makes health issues worse with depression. I don’t know what your spiritual faith is but you might consider joining a community that can consider you as an important human being. You can look to prayer to find purpose in your life now. I hope I’ve shared some helpful thoughts for you. You can measure your satisfaction by evaluating my input.