Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For almost a year now I've been feeling off balance

Customer Question
For almost a year now...
For almost a year now I've been feeling off ba***** *****ghtheaded and dizzy with head pressure. Been to 2 ENTs neurologist cardiologist and opthalmologist. ENTs said it's eustachian tube dysfunction. Neurologist tested me positive for a balance disorder. Every other specialist said everything was normal. I've taken meclizine and steroids still no relief. At one point for months I felt normal but the past three weeks horrible.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this bad dizziness.

you have to accept additional phone consult service fees to talk by phone

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety can cause dizziness.

No the only time I have anxiety is when I'm having these symptoms. Anxiety is not the cause. I also experience a rocking/swaying sensation to the left side while laying down. I had a VNG test done and I have the results if you want to look over those

yes, you can send me the VNG testing.

if you have anxiety symptoms when you are dizzy, anti-anxiety medications could still help

have you tried dramamine?

how about scopolamine? these could hep your dizziness

how about epley maneuver?

I tried meclizine doesn't so anything but make me sleepy. And the dizziness is typically light-headedness. Can eustachian tube dysfunction cause that?
I just attached the vng results
Hello are you still there?

Canalith Repositioning Procedure is also known as the "Epley maneuver."

BPPV occurs as a result of displaced otoconia, which are small crystals of calcium carbonate that are normally attached to the otolithic membrane in the utricle of the inner ear

the Epley maneuver can help decrease dizziness and reposition these small crystals in your inner ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm76jQg3g

based off of the vng results I sent, bppv is what I have?

your testing was not that revealing.

the testing said that you could try some canalith repositioning procedures such as the epley maneuver and see if that helps.

the epley maneuver is used in patients who have BPPV

I will try that. But I did want to know If eustachian tube dysfunction and/or bppv causes light-headedness?

both conditions can cause light-headedness.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician