Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Last week friday i got constant stomach cramps and my

Customer Question
stomach feels very bloated but...
Last week friday i got constant stomach cramps and my stomach feels very bloated but cant pass gas always have an urge to go to the toilet but nothing ever comes out except only in the morning the stool is fine in color but different size i have constant gurgling in my stomach almost like when your hungry but im not and the pain is not like a sore stomcah more like a dull pain im really worried it is something really bad cause it has now beena week with no relief what could this be helpppp
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hi Christopher. Are you currently on any medicaitons? What is your age?

no i am not i am 35

Are you normally in good health? Were you well when this started?

I had just gotten over the flu, i usually suffer from a little acid reflux but feel it in my throat and not in my chest heartburn that is other than that i am usually in good health

The good thing here is that you are young and healthy. Keep in mind that "common things happen commonly" so you have to consider the more common causes of symptoms like this. At the top of the list would be constipation, or at least a backing up of stool in the colon. This can happen very easily in our busy lives because we fail to stay hydrated and fail to eat enough fiber. This back up can cause cramping, bloating, distension, bubbling and gurgling, etc. It can be quite uncomfortable until the back up has cleared. The flu may also have triggered this as we tend to get even more dehydrated and the gut slows down.

does it sound anything serious like stomach cancer im very paranoid over it or gastritis im not vomiting or feel nauseous im just worried it might be something worse

Those things would be less likely, especially cancer at your age. Gastritis is pretty common, especialy among those that drink or smoke.

would cancer or something being worse show different symptoms

With cancer there is often slow bleeding into the stool. You could have your doctor check this with a "FIT" test. Otherwise, you would need to be scoped to be sure.

well i have no bleeding

I don't think you need to go in that direction at this point. It might make more sense to work on cleaning out your colon and see if your pain goes away. Some people will use an enema to do this because it is generally safer to clear the colon from "below" than it is to try to clear it from "above" by pushing it out with pressure. If you do prefer to go from above, milk of magnesia is pretty gentle and effective. As for gastritis, if that is present we advise stopping alcohol, tobacco and anti-inflammatories such as motrin, alleve, etc and getting on an acid blocker such as zantac or omeprazole.

Does this make sense?