Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

I researched online too. I am contacting the doctor who

Customer Question

Thank you. I researched online too. I am contacting the doctor who requested the Ferritin TIBC lab tests. How could you see my lab results? It shows Ferritin 38, Iron 78, IBC Unsaturated 334 (H) Iron 19, Total IBC 413.(H) I have extreme hair loss and not a lot of get up and go.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 1 year ago.
Did you start any medications?
Did you have your thyroid levels checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am diagnosed hypothroid. I also recently had my levels checked. I am aware that low ferritin and thyroid can both cause hair loss. I also recently had pancreatitis and gallbladder removal in July.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My liver function has been tested and all is good. My other blood tests do not show anemia. My doctor always checks ferritin level because it has been low. I thought the hair loss was because of the surgeries but it is getting worse. I am waiting for call from my doctor.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 1 year ago.
Did you have your testosterone and androgen levels checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Thank you for your time. I wanted to know what the high level meant with the IBC unsaturated of 334. This is not working for me. I will make an appointment with my doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I will cancel service and pay for this one call.