Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having panic attacks and need something for them. I feel…

Customer Question
I'm having panic attacks...

I'm having panic attacks and need something for them. I feel like my world is crashing down

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I had them when I was a child but I have recently went thru a divorce and they are back

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My father and brother has anxiety and I think I have it too. I need something for them

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
I have neve taken any medication for them but I'm thinking I need some. Feeling just lost
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Thank you
No thank you. I can type

Sorry to hear about that but everyone of us passes through a phase in life where we need help. Panic attacks can be frustrating and fearsome too . So its better that you seek professional help from a psychiatrist. Before jumping on to medications he will arrange a few sessions of counselling thats usually very useful. If it fails to help you then one can always think of starting medications such as SSRIs e.g Paroxetine.

So thats the way to go for now.

I hope it answered your query.

I'm not satisfied with that answer. I'm really struggling here.
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor