Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Was released from the hospital last week and was told I had…

Customer Question
Was released from the...

Was released from the hospital last week and was told I had air in my liver. was in the hospital for blood in my stool. has my gall bladder remover in June. have a history of bowel problems since an appendectomy in 1981. was told last week I had a kinked and twisted section of my large bowel. had attempted a colonoscopy last week but could not complete it because of the kinked and twisted section of the large bowel. two virtual colonoscopies were done. first found a thickening of the wall in the large bowel near the small intestine. second virtual colonoscopy used a dye via IV to determine if there was sufficient blood flow to the thickened wall of the large bowel. it was found to have sufficient blood flow but when I was released last Friday, it was suggested I have a follow up about my liver, which had air in it.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have hypertension, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, level III kidney disease, cyst on my kidney, had bleeding in my large colon, cellulytus, arthritis, and gall bladder removed in Jume.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm 65 years old and don't think I would do well with recovery from laparotomy. Also am morbidly obese but have been losing weight for the last year or so for no none reason.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

haven't seen your response yet.
Can not afford to become a member or use expensive options. My hemoglobin was ten last week.
also use a bi pap with 3 liters of oxygen with pressures of 19 and 23. supposed to be on 3 liters by nasal canula the rest of the time. very weal and tired.

what is your question?

Should I do a follow up about the air in my liver? Keeping in mind that I doubt I would survive invasive surgery. Have been told that in the past. Had general anesthesia for endoscoptic procedure and colinoscopy.

I would get an MRI of the liver as a follow up

the air should resolved in time

is this helpful?

I'm sorry you are in such bad shape.

Family Physician, Doctor