Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My test result came back as: FLC Light Growth Staphylococcus…

Customer Question
My test result came...

My test result came back as:

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

FLC Light Growth Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Coagulase negative Staphylococcus
GRAM STAIN 1+ Rare WBCs
GRAM STAIN No Organisms Seen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No - it was from a cyst under my breast on the top of my rib cage.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician and I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Sounds like your test results are essentially normal. A small amount of white blood cells with no visible bacteria from a superficial skin cyst removal is considered normal. The light growth on bacterial culture of the particular organism you listed is also considered normal since this strain typically lives on the skin itself as part of what we call normal flora. Thus, that light growth is actually considered a "contaminant" rather than an infection. Has your physician told you if they want to treat it with antibiotics? (usually they do not) Do you have any other questions I can help you with today?

Please let me know if you have any more inquiries I can help you with. If you have no further questions, please click the button to accept the answer and conclude our interaction. I would also appreciate the kindness of a 5 star positive review. Thank you.