Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been feeling like this for 9 days now. With a sore

Hi I have been feeling...
Hi I have been feeling like this for 9 days now. With a sore throat my face hurts near my ears and my cheeks. I feel so weak and I can feel a little light headed when I walk around. I have a headache aswell but this is something that has just started over the last 2 days. I am resting aswell
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Not working
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It only started 2 days aho
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also I am taking antibiotics and ibrofen aswell
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a running nose and am not coughing either and no high temperate
11/17/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Were any investigations done?

Are you anxious?

Do you have heartburn, tiredness?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 33. No they think it is a upper respiratory infection but would this making this sick for so long. No not anxious. No heartburn or tiredness but feel weak

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

A throat culture should be taken for confirmation of the bacterial infection and the best antibiotic which is shown by it and eradicate the infection.

The possibilities are;

1) Epstein Barr virus (EBV)-associated mononucleosis

2) Parapharyngeal space infections,

3) Peritonsillar abscess ("quinsy"), and

4) Submandibular space infection

Following investigations, should be done;

1) Throat cultures have been the "gold standard" for diagnosing GAS (group A streptococcus) pharyngitis and another pathogen, such as N. gonorrhoeae.

2) Blood counts

3) EBV virus antibodies

4) Indirect laryngoscopy (ENT specialist see the inside of the throat by a mirror).

5) Lateral (side neck)) cervical view of the plain radiograph, exposed for soft tissue detail.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I have ebv without a fever ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also how long does it take to get better off ebv ?

EBV may cause just tiredness and no fever.

EBV may take 2 weeks to go away.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Hi I am still not feeling well and I have had a full blood count done which came back fine also they checked my thyroid and b12 and they came back fine. They all checked for infectious mononucleosis which was normal aswell. My gland are still swollen on my neck and I feel so weak I can become very little headed fast. What else do you think it could be as it has been nearly 4 weeks now

You need following work up too for the evaluation;

1) Obtain cultures for bacteria, mycobacteria, and fungi (blood, urine, stool, sputum).

2) Antinuclear antibody titers, rheumatologic factor, and ESR,

3) Liver function tests and kidney function tests.

4) Adrenal function tests.

5) Peripheral blood smear
This may give clue to the diagnosis.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I had liver and kidney tests done and they were negative aswell

Please get the rest of the investigations which may give clue to what is going on.

Investigations are always stepwise done.

What is your GP saying?

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor