Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having pain below left breast. Hurts to the touch and…

Customer Question
I am having pain...

I am having pain below left breast. Hurts to the touch and when I breath

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Woke up this morning with it . nothing seems to make it go away its constant

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My cholesterol is high, I am on meds for that and I am over weight

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

How severe is your pain?

Its about a 5 right now
I would rather not

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I am 46 yrs old
Hurts when I cough as well

Your symptoms are suggestive of Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor