Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with Mrsa. I had this last year in my

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with Mrsa . I had this last year in my facial tissue. This time it do filled up between my breast from starting off as a yeast infection. I was given clindamycin. And it seem to clear up between my breast but now I'm seeing red spots on the side of my thigh and my hip. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is staph. What should I do should I wait it out to see if it develops any further?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

I noticed the new spot on my hip about a week ago I was also giving a antibiotic cream so I have been using that on the spot but it is still there

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No major surgeries first hospitalization last year due to the MRSA.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Can you explain these new spots you have? Are they raised? Filled with fluid/Puss? Painful? Do you have fever?

No fever. I have two ares . One on thigh the other on right side of lower back . Where the panty line would stop. They are red spots some look scabbed over. The one on my thigh I may have had a small blister but I've been cleaning it with antibacterial soap so the blister is no longer there it's flat and red. The ones on my lower back right side there is 5 bumps and some look like they have scabbed over I just noticed those last night.

Thank you very much for the information.

For some one who had an MRSA infection in the past, we are always adamant to evaluate and assess them at earliest for any recurrences like new skin lesions, so as to avoid a delay in treatment; because of the resistant and invasive nature of this bacterium.

Same is true in your case, as this can be folliculitis or furuncle due to MRSA (unless proven otherwise) and may need a course of antibiotics.

Therefore, I suggest to have this evaluated soon in terms of a comprehensive clinical examination and your doctor may request so basic tests like CBC/CRP and/or culture swabs from the affected area of skin.

Continue using the topical antiseptics to prevent spread to other areas of skin.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.