Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mouth is very sore. Everywhere. I have tried wash

Customer Question
My mouth is very...

My mouth is very sore. Everywhere. I have tried wash toothpaste, salt water, nothing helps.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing there can be many causes for this sort of pain in the mouth. Can i ask how long have you had these symptoms? Any ulcers in the mouth? If there are ulcers can you attach a picture of the ulcers here?

There are ulcers. No photo. The ulcers are white in places

And how long have you had these ulcers? A week or longer?

3-4 weeks
no more to say

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

please answer me
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well there area few causes of stubborn ulcers in oral cavity. You need to take a few measures and see if this helps ;

Meticulous oral hygiene with dental floss and brushing , including cleaning your tongue. Using a good quality mouthwash usually helps clean every corner of your mouth.

Using triamcinolone orabase for ulcers .

Adding B12 supplements to your diet as vit B12 deficiency is one of the common causes of mouth ulcers.

If you have issues like gastric reflux , use antacid medications like omeprazole .

Now if the sores still dont go away then we need to do work up for few autoimmune conditions that cause oral ulcers like IBD, Celiac, Behcet's, , certain forms of arthritis like reactive arthritis etc. These conditions are usually associated with a few other symptoms too. However in case of resistant ulcers ,its recommended to look for an underlying cause.

I hope you found it useful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.