Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Ive been breastfeeding on demand for 6 months and have had…

Ive been breastfeeding on...

Ive been breastfeeding on demand for 6 months and have had left lower abdominal pain can this be attributed to the breastfeeding?? still no period. having 4 or more bm a day

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have lupus and antiphospholip syndrome also had had 4 kids the last 2 were c sections. more recent c section may 2, 2017

11/17/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you noticed any change in bowel movements?

Do you suffer from excess formation of gas?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Is pain localized?

Age?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I have noticed increased frequency in bms 5 times pwr day sometimes very soft sometimes large long and formed. though I eat often.sometimes the pain is a 7 but thats rare its usually just a nagging feeling so the pain is maybe is just a 3.the pain is left lower quadrant I used to think it was my period but then my period never came month after month though I am breastfeeding around the clock ever 2 to 3 hrs.pain seems localized to left lower quadrant.im a 30 year old femaleand yes excess gas is an issue for me right now.
im most worried about cancer I just want to know its not cancer. ive seen my doctor about it had a pelvic ultrasound and nothing was found to be abnormal. she thinks my body is still healing.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, as such breastfeeding would not cause left lower abdomen pain.

Please be relaxed. This is not related with cancer. No need to get panic.

These symptoms can be due to any of these possible causes-

-Diverticulitis
-Cystitis
-Gas or constipation.

Diverticulitis is the inflammation or infection of the bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine called as diverticulosis. It causes severe pain in left lower side of the abdomen.
The exact cause in not known. It is caused by small pieces of stool (feces) that become trapped in these pouches, causing infection or inflammation.

In your case, excess formation of gas seems to be most likely cause.

You should avoid foods which are causing increase in gas production, You should not eat/drink too fast, chew the food properly, increase water intake, avoid smoking, cut down fat intake, and increase your daily mobility.

You can try OTC simethicone to reduce such symptoms. This would be helpful.
Lifestyle habits such as meal timings, regular sleep timings and most importantly regular bowel movements are also important. Some amount of physical activity is essential for the efficient functioning of your digestive system.

Probiotics may also be useful in treating flatulence.
You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.
It is advised that you should eat six small meals a day rather than three large ones. Smaller meals are easier to digest and may produce less gas.
Take Syp. Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals. Take Zantac 150mg twice a day.
A healthy diet is very necessary to be free from such symptoms.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I get maybe if im lucky 3 hours of sleep/night on the weekends a bit more.I kinda eat healthy but could do better and am very inconsistent.
I realize you didnt ask me to answer questions but just thought id throw that out there. glad to hear it doesnt sound like cancer. eversince my lupus diagnosis ive been a bit depressed I feel like my life is over in a way and just waiting to be given a death sentence.
I am not overly active these days either but enough to stay in shape no weight gain or anything healthy BMI.does simethicone interfere with plaquenil ?

Well, I would suggest you to have a change in dietary and lifestyle habits.

This would surely help you.

Remain away from stress and anxiety issue. Follow changes in dietary habits, as discussed in previous post.

Please be relaxed. I am sure, that your symptoms are not related with cancer.

As such, there is no negative interaction between Simeticone and Plaquenil.

You can start with Simeticone, it would be helpful.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor