Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a fever of 38degrees for 3 days with hot and cold…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a fever of 38degrees for 3 days with hot and cold chills. I am very weak and tired. Also doctor said there is a crackle on my left side of my lung

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

Fever for 3 days no respiratory symptoms, no cough

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had breast cancer on the left side 8 years ago. Mastectomy and chemo no lymph node involvement. It was a triple negative cancer

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Doctor John here to help with your question.Are you having any difficulty breathing or wheezing?
No
most likely a viral respiratory infection.Did your doctor prescribe any medications or are you taking any over the counter medications for it?
I am on anitibiotics and panadol
Would continue both medications. If no better in 48 hours, then would contact your doctor to be re-evaluated, but most should start feeling better by then. If feeling worse, then would recommend being seen in the ER.Does that make sense?

Did my response answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD