Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a large soft lump on my left elbow. It has been

Customer Question
Hi I have a large...
Hi I have a large soft lump on my left elbow. It has been drained once but was full about 2 hours later. is there any way to remove this thing and stop it from coming back? ***** *****.
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: soft a couple of years.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well I haqve a lot of health problems and go to the Jackson Mississippi VA for treatment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only
It sounds like you are describing olecranon bursitis, which is inflammation of a small fluid filled sac in the elbow.
It can swell due to trauma or infection. Often times the swelling will go away, but if it doesn’t, or you have recurrent swelling, you can see an orthopedic surgeon and they can discuss if you are a candidate for surgery to have the bursa removed.Does that answer your question?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
it does and I appreciate your time. Thank you.
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD