Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When i breathe in through my nose it hurts in the back of my…

When i breathe in...

When i breathe in through my nose it hurts in the back of my nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?

A couple of days - it does make me become a mouth breather

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just diagnosed with Lymphadema

11/17/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have post nasal drip/ drainage?

Any other symptoms you want to mention?

Let me know.

I am 61
I DO have a little runny nose - can blow and it is not green
No fever, not sure Lymphedema plays into this
i am a female
Sorry, don't have to call

That's alright, we can go back and forth here.

So, this seems like upper respiratory tract infection. That can cause pain due to inflammation in the nasopharynx.

I would suggest that you start on an anti inflammatory like Motrin 200 mg thrice a day along with Sudafed twice a day and steam nebulization with menthol crystal thrice a day.

Keep yourself hydrated and sleep with a head up tilt of about 30 degrees.

If you experience nasal congestion you can use Xylometazoline nasal spray, one puff each nostril, sitting up thrice a day for relief.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much Dr. Uzair!!! Truly - I so appreciate your helpWant to be my regular doctor.... Much better attention than my Dr. Please? lol I will do as you suggested, Thank you
cathy

Thank you for the appreciation. Good luck!

Please do remember to rate the answer.

Have a good night.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor