Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having severe muscle cramps in my sides (ribs) and

I am having severe...

I am having severe muscle cramps in my sides (ribs) and lower abdomen and lower stomach (not stomoach cramps but muscle cramps)

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No vomiting or nausea and it has been over a year or more. i get them daily they are very painful and last up to 15min sometimes 3 or 4 cramps at the same time 2-3 times a day

11/17/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

any other medical issues?

i am 42 no other medical issues. i have tried taking magnesium supplements and potassium supplements but they have no affect.

Have you had any tests?

no tests have not been to doctor i have no insurance and only make 10 an hour

I'm very sorry about this

what seems to trigger it?

it happens more often when i am working in the heat but it also happens when i am at rest at home though much less frequently

do you drink enough water?

dehydration can cause this

what i am really looking for is an answer if it is worth it to go to doctor, i cant afford alot if they have to run expensive tests i cannot do it. I drink alot of water i dont think dehydration is it.

I absolutely think it is worth it

You need to see a family doctor and get checked

it could be low potassium or iron

is this helpful?

do you know how much the tests for this will run? and I already tried potasium supplements can the doctor proscribe better ones?

Yes, he/she can.

The visit will cost 150 probably and maybe another 150 for tests?

if i go and pay for these tests do you think they will help me. I dont want to spend 300 with no results

Yes, I do.

simple blood tests should show it.

I'm sorry this is such a struggle for you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor