Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lower back and hopefully pain constantly worsens when

Customer Question
sitting tried pt and shots...
Lower back and hopefully pain constantly worsens when sitting tried pt and shots did not work. Reg Tylenol and ib prophen and tried tramadol also flexoril no relief
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Have you had an MRI?

No insurance does not cover
No thanks not calling

Did you have an xray?

authorities and scoliosis

authorities? what does that mean?

Do you have any radicular pain in your legs?

How ever when bending back and hip feels like a painful rubber band that back feels tight. I am a restorative aid and I constantly exercise with my residents.
No pain in legs
when I bend to the left it feels like the painful rubber band. Sitting and laying in bed is the worse

Multiple studies provide strong evidence that nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) prescribed at regular intervals provide pain relief for both acute and chronic low back pain. Studies comparing the effectiveness of NSAIDs have not found any particular NSAID to be superior to others. Tricyclic antidepressants are an effective treatment for many painful conditions, including lower back pain. The anticonvulsants, particularly gabapentin and pregabalin, are widely used for back pain and have very good benefits with low side effects. You can also try lidocaine patches, creams or lotions from the pharmacy. The next step would be Myofascial Pain and Trigger Point Injections or Acupuncture.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

TENS, massages, tractions, manual Mobilization or Manipulation, and yoga are all very effective.

Not satisfied

What other questions Ccan I help you with?

Dr. Scott, Doctor