Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently started Wellbutrin 150mgs XL as an

Customer Question
I have recently started...

I have recently started Wellbutrin 150mgs XL as an augmenting agent with my Zoloft 200mgs/day for my depression and OCD. This is a very common combination in psychiatry. Do we know how long it takes for the initial stimulating effects of the Wellbutrin to wear off?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

Yes. I'm fine thanks, ***** ***** great care.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope. History of OCD/depression/anxiety.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
I intend to give the Wellbutrin a full 10-12 weeks and am looking forward to feeling better. I've been on these medications for these conditions for over 25 years. Thanks again!
11/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

Hi Dr. Phil: I recently started Wellbutrin 150mgs XL as an augmenting agent with my Zoloft 200mgs/day for my depression and OCD. This is a very common combination in psychiatry; and I've been on Zoloft for many years. There is a stimulating effect to the Wellbutrin (I've only been on it 6 days). Do we know how long it takes for the initial stimulating effects of the Wellbutrin to hopefully wear off? I intend to be patient and give the Wellbutrin 10-12 weeks to help me. Thank you.

Usually after about 2-3 weeks they should level out

However, in some folks, it doesn't.

If this happens your dose needs to be reduced to 75 mg

is this helpful?

Thanks. That's helpful. Patience is the name of the game. Best!

welcome :)

you will be ok

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thx Dr. Phil: I wasn't aware of what the charges are for these questions. I think $17 covers it? I had paid $5 as a deposit. thx.