Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

My left foot has cuts on two toes and very swollen I have

Customer Question

My left foot has cuts on two toes and very swollen I have diabetes can i receive antibiotics with out going to hospital
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: A couple cuts on 2 toes going on about a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

Antibiotics are prescription medications and hence you need to see a doctor with out which you will not be able to get antibiotics.

Since you are diabetic, please note that your foot is at risk---I say this because if the infection spreads to deeper tissues and bones, it may become serious enough to result in amputation. The key to avoid complications in diabetic foot is to start the antibiotics ASAP whenever there is slightest evidence of infection.

At home, wash your foot with soap and mop it to dryness. Topical antiseptic ointment may help but you need to see your doctor for evaluation ASAP.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards