Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Old granulomatous disease. Just found on CT scan of my

Customer Question
Old granulomatous disease Doctor's...

Old granulomatous disease

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Just found on CT scan of my lungs. I'm on Xeralto, Metoprolol and Nexium

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Experiencing EXTREME fatigue. Report from the CT scan of my chest: My aorta was mild to moderately calcified and the cardiologist may want to look at that better with a CT angiogram. There was nothing to really explain your significant fatigue, though,unless the aorta is actually worse than it looks on the CT chest.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Fatigue started about the time I started on the Xeralto and Metoprolol, about a year ago after being diagnosed with A-fib. They have tried reducing the dosage of each; first the Metoprolol from 25 mg to 12.5 and the Xeralto at 20 mg; now the Xeralto is at 10 mg and the Metoprolo is 25.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well fatigue is unfortunately a side effect of most beta blockers and usually tends to persist as long as you are on this drug. There is unfortunately nothing much you can do as taking beta blocker is mandatory in your case. Graded exercise therapy can help with fatigue . Drugs like modafinil have been tried with good effect too. You can add vitamin supplements and see if those help.

Other causes of fatigue must also be ruled out ,which include anemia, slow thyroid , other endocrine dysfunctions,vitamin & mineral deficiencies .

Let me know if you have any more queries

Hope it was useful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.