Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a flu and have been having continuos coughing. Better…

Customer Question
I had a flu and...
I had a flu and have been having continuos coughing. Better but still coughing. Just saw this little reddish spot, like a bruise at thr back of my mouth. No sore throat but feel a bit dry. Could it be just irritation? Or something I should be worried about?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Nothing alarming there. Your throat seems bit inflammed and congested . Coughing can cause ersosions in airways and thats probably why we see few reddish areas . Just keep up your fluid intake and take steam to keep it nice and moist. Saline gargles or gargles with lukewarm salted water will help to prevent any superimposed infections , also improve any redness there.

Can take benadryl alongwith throat lozenges too.

Hope it proves helpful.

Let me know if thereis any further query.

I know that after flu it could take up to a couple more weeks for the cough to go away. Is this a sign that I am getting sick again? Will I get sick again?
I was sick 3 weeks ago. And was prescribed antibiotics and steroid. Felt better, just today that feels that I am coughing more than usual

No not really. Only if you are coughing up mucous ( greenish) , getting fever spikes is when you should get worried and you might require an antibiotic course. For now if only dry cough then manage it with steam inhalation, benadryl and OTC cough syrups.