Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How could my eye get a bruised feeling in the back under the

top brow? I am worried...
How could my eye get a bruised feeling in the back under the top brow? I am worried about this because I am taking Brilinta to keep my blood from clotting after a stent was placed in my heart two weeks ago.
11/16/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have swelling,tenderness,pain,redness,bruise on affected area?

History of injury?

Headache?

Eye pain?

Blurred vision?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I do not have any swelling or know if my eyeball is swollen. I just know that if I push my eyeball on my lid under the outside of my eye it feels tender or bruised with slight pain. There is no redness in the eye. There is no bruise on my face around eye or any injury ever. I have no headache. My eyeball hurts when I press it in on the furthermost to the top side of my head under my brow. I do not have any blurred vision. This pain of the eyeball became noticable when eye rubbed my eyes with my hands. You know like you do when you are tired or wiping tears from my face. The pain has been there that I have noticed after I started taking all these meds for my heart - anti-clotting, high cholestrol and high blood pressure. Dr. said I'd have problems if I bleed.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,such type of pain can be associated with mild muscle strain of muscles around eye.

Other possible cause may include fluctuating blood pressure,muscle spasms, frontal sinus infection.

You should apply warm compresses on affected area.

And do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on affected area.

You should monitor your blood pressure.

And try OTC Systane eye drops 2-3 times a day for proper eye lubrication.

In case of stuffy nose,steam inhalation can be tried.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor again or ophthalmologist for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.

May I help you further?

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Of all the things you said, the fluctuating high blood pressure stands out. In the morning it was 124 over 76 and in the afternood it was 186 over 105. 1/2 later when rechecked it was 159 over 96. After I came home from hospital for stent in main artery of heart which was 90% blocked, I started taking metoprolol, irbasarten, lipitor, Brilanta and then got the eyeball problem. I bruise so easily now that I am on the anticlotting med Brilanta. My blood pressure hasn't stopped fluctuating despite the blood pressure meds. I just took it tonight. It was 124 over 74 but 3 hours ago it was 169 over 96. When blood pressure gets so high, can it break blood vessles in eye or cause bruising? I just need a heads up on this issue. Thank you. Dr. Anil.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Also, it doesn't feel like a muscle. Would I have a muscle on the front of the eyeball just under the lid?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The top lid?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't feel any issues on the inside of my eyeballs near my nose or nasal passages. It's 2 oclock position as I look out of my right eye. I guess if you were to look at it, it would be 10 oclock of the right eye.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Fluctuating blood pressure can contribute to such pain.

Still as you don't have redness,swelling,bruise on affected area so chances of rupture of blood vessels are less likely.

It can be mild inflammation of ocular muscles.Extraocular Muscles: There are six muscles that are present in the orbit (eye socket) that attach to the eye to move it.

The superior rectus is an extraocular muscle that attaches to the top of the eye.

Try such self care measures as we have discussed earlier in the meantime.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.

Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor