Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

For the past few days on the left side of my throat my glad

Customer Question
hi for the past few...
hi for the past few days on the left side of my throat my glad has been inflamed and sore to swallow and is also affecting the left side if my ear what can I do to help the recovery process
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I have had the symptoms for about 3 days now and I have no fever
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: just asthma
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This sounds like ascending pharyngitis (sore throat that ascends in to the middle ear cavity). The best at home remedy is to take steam nebulizations thrice a day with added menthol. Aspirin gargles four times a day. Lozenges to soothe the throat. Tylenol or Ibuprofen as an anti inflammatory to bring the inflammation down and a decongestant like pseudoephidrine (Sudafed) twice a day.

Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and chicken soup which boosts immunity.

You should seek medical attention from your Primary, a throat swab and antibiotics are usually required for ascending pharyngitis.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor