Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My mother has had pulmonary fibrosis for since 2002 and her

Customer Question
family doctor about 15 yrs...
My mother has had pulmonary fibrosis for since 2002 and her family doctor about 15 yrs ago put her on oxycodone and Percocet's. About six months ago her family doctor referred her to the local pain clinic. My mother has did everything she was suppose to do but they kicked her out. She has three days of medicine left. My mother don't abuse her medicine. The pain clinic said she did come in to count her pills. She was asleep and she called right back. They told her nobody called back
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can I do to help her. My dad thought their family doctor that they have had for 10 yrs would help but no he wont
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Unfortunately you cannot do much of anything. The purpose of a pain clinic is to wean a patient from pain medication slowly. This requires a contract that much be followed very closely, it seems she did not. If she begins to have withdrawal symptoms you would take her to the ER. But its going to be almost impossible to get a new pain Dr given the circumstance. I'm sorry.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She wasn't the one who answer the phone. My father and sister did. When my sister seen she was awake. Then told her. My mother called the clinic. They told her nobody called. She called twice. I can get the phone records where they both called
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
Even if you could, they wont take her back if they discharged her. The phone records do not prove she called unfortunately
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hate this. My mother has done everything they have told her to do. She cant get out of bed but gets up to go to her appointments there. She is at the end of her life and because her family doctor put her on pain medicine she will die from withdraws from them.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 month ago
As I mentioned above if she has withdrawal you should take her to the ER. If she really is at the end of her life because of the pulmonary fibrosis you should help her to look into hospice services.
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD