Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a urine drug screen that came up positive for

Customer Question
I had a urine...

I had a urine drug screen that came up positive for temazepam, oxazepam and nordiazepam and I only take temazepam. This doesnt make sense nor do I take valium.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Yes and job sensitive.Urine. They said I can pay to have it retested.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a physician - I told them that it makes no sense! And that I was open about my meds and I am on Percocet prn for 3 spinal fusions. If I was on valium obviously I would have told them.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

temazepam is metabolized to the final active metabolic product oxazepam

to get nordiazepam, you must have taken some diazepam

perhaps the pharmacist got some diazepam pills in your pill box by mistake.

I absolutely know I haven’t taken any Valium in the past year - they recommend me paying for a repeat more specialized test for $150 and I’m going to do it bc this is the last step for my new position that I have been waiting 5 months for . It’s just extremely fristrating bc this is all that’s holding me back to start my new job and I was extremely honest about what I’m on - if I took Valium I would have told them that too. I’m going to pay for the repeat test and fight it bc it’s my career on the line ! Thanks so much !

you are welcome

good idea to take the specialized test

best of luck to you

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com