Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking Remifemin for 3 days - 1 x am and 1 x pm.

Customer Question
I have been taking...

I have been taking Remifemin for 3 days - 1 x am and 1 x pm. I have almost fallen over when I stand up and feel sick to my stomach all the time. I have ringing in my ears and the dizziness is much worse today than yesterday. I did not take my dose this morning because I figured the Remifemin was the issue - can it really effect you this drastically in such a shor tperiod of time?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take vitamins and 25mg Chlorthalid for high blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 5'3" and weight 210 - I have a very sedintary job and A LOT of stress

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It sounds like you are having side effects due to the black cohosh in the Remifemin. This can occur even after one dose. I would stop taking it.