Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About a month ago, we talked about some skin issue I was…

Customer Question
Hey Doc, about a month...
Hey Doc, about a month ago, we talked about some skin issue I was having on the glans of my penis. I asked about a few different things that you ruled out, not positive if you are able to go back and look at our previous correspondence. But I showed you a pic, we ruled out herpes and fordyce lesions as they both didnt fit much. You said if it progressed and got bigger it could be syphilitic. That didnt happen either, but one more very small bump did pop up on its own the next day after we talked. They healed kind of slowly. And now in their place a little over a month later are these small red patches where the scabs used to be that arent really going down. Throughout this whole process ive also had some tightness in my inner thigh that I cant get rid of. Dont know if the thigh tightness is more mental, or a symptom of something you are familiar with.I went to a clinic a week ago, one that I had been to the first time this had happened in february. He looked at it, seemed unconcerned, didnt want to order tests cause it looked similar to last time, and all my tests came back negative. He said to just let it be and not worry about it. Thats a little hard considering the location of this. But is there any type of skin condition that can affect the glans like this. Small blisters, absolutely no pain or itching, that quickly scabbed over, healed, and left behind red patches on the glans of my penis. I know it may be vague, but I haent gotten any definitive answer, the tests have all come back negative, and Im just really looking for an answer.At the very least, is there anything productive I can do or use to help these patches on the glans go away? I just want to be done with this. Ive tried lotrimin, neosporin, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar. Id really appreciate some help and guidance with this doc.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/16/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr, Aren and i will help with your query.I have gone through your previous queries and suggest that you seek the opinion of a dermatologist.The lesion shown in the previous question is suggestive of the solitary lesion seen in Psoriasis(Erythroplasia of Queyrat),Chancroid or Syphilis.The dermatologist will be able to investigate you further and treat you.

Hey doc, thanks for the response. Just wanting to talk it out a little. All of these seem to be painful things. And mine was completely painless. Wouldn’t have known if I didn’t look at it. Can psoriasis present itself with blisters like those? After the picture the scabbed over rather quickly. Never were open or anything. I’ve also just had this tightness in my inner thighs, idk if that’s a symptom of something, something I’ve mentally connected to this problem, but I’d appreciate your opinion on all of this. Thanks for the responses.Oh and also, since it’s Barley there now, wouldn’t it be hard for a derm to see anything? Or would it be better to wait and see if it happens again, while I obviously hope that doesn’t happen?Thank you.
to be clear, it looks like it could be Psoriasis(Erythroplasia of Queyrat) even if the first time it came and healed up properly? Sorry just doing some research and that seems like a pretty tough diagnosis. Going to call a derm tomorrow, but not positive how quickly I can be seen. So hopefully you can answer my questions in the mean time. Much appreciated

Yes,the psoriatic lesion is painless,as also the syphilis lesion too would be painless.

Ok understood. Anyway you could answer the other questions. Just about going to the derm, and the stuff with my thighs. All those things you listed tho are treatable yes?

The tightness of the thighs could be secondary to stress and anxiety.It would be best to get any investigations suggested by the Dermatologist.

but what you have listed is treatable?

Yes,most of it is treatable,Psoriasis might need long term therapy.

whatever it is is diagnosed through some sort of biopsy?

Yes,a biopsy may be needed,not necessarily from the penis.

Ok thanks I appreciate your guidance. One more question. It seems like these things you have listed would not go ahead and heal on their own. However, after the first time, mine completely healed up and wasnt around for many months. It just didnt seem like that was possible with the psoriasis or chancroid. Even this time, it did heal up to some degree, just not back to completely normal. Im sorry if these questions are redundant. I made an app with a derm for Monday, but in the meantime if you could just answer this for me it would be really appreciated.

Recurrence of the lesion after complete healing is definitely worrisome,and further this time the healing seems partial.The questions are not redundant but genuine worries,but it would still be best to know what has actually caused these lesions to appear and what is likely to happen in the future.Once the diagnosis is made,you can rest easy and know the therapy and prognosis .Wishing you good health and a quick recovery,please do rate my answer as 4 or 5 stars(the stars are above and to the right of your answer box).Thank you.

Thanks doc, I’m your experience what kinds of skin conditions are recurrent like that? Or are there too many to name?

Difficult to say,but it can be some thing benign like Psoraisis.

Unlikely it’s herpes or Hpv?

Highly unlikely.

Ok thanks you, hopefully I can get I the bottom of it on Monday. Last question. Is E Q psoriasis the only type this could be? It seems like there’s a lot of different types. Even on the glans, and some seem to be far worse than others. Again, thanks doc.

Genital Psoriasis is difficult to treat ,the long term health effects of psoriasis differ from person to person. EQ psoriasis is not a type of psoriasis.