Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How to cure pemphigus vulgaris and what is next to happen…

Customer Question
How to cure pemphigus...

How to cure pemphigus vulgaris and what is next to happen after it starts in the mouth.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

My son in law has recently had dental work in earlier this year.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This came out of the blue. We are stunned and he has been to a oral surgeon and dermatologist, taking steroids but it remains moving from one area of the mouth to another. Throat too.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry that your son-in-law has been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. This is related to things like rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus and other medical problems where the body attacks itself. Has a biopsy confirmed this diagnosis and has he had lab tests to confirm? May I suggest he schedule an appointment with a Rheumatologist for further evaluation. If you have results of recent testing, please attach and send.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.