Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have a weird clitoral discomfort toward the end of emptying…

Customer Question
Have a weird clitoral...

Have a weird clitoral discomfort toward the end of emptying out my bladder. it's a great discomfort near and the end of my clitoris. It's not UTI because it doesn't when I pee. 2 month ago I had URI. can you help with answer

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, so far I'm OK no blood pressure, no diabectis, no high cholesterol.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

2 month ago see my doctor for UTI. this weird feeling a month ago.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified MD replied 9 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. It could be that you have some skin changes around your clitoris that is getting irritated as you finish urinating. It's hard to know exactly what's going on, but when I see patients like this (as long as everything physically looks OK) I tell them to try "eliminating" things. Meaning, try avoiding things that could be potential skin irritants. I recommend using an unscented Dove bar and letting soapy water run over the area in the shower, avoid tub baths, no douching ever, unscented for sensitive skin laundry detergents. I also recommend cutting out caffeine, sugary drinks, and citrusy drinks just in case those are the culprit. You can also add in what's called a "probiotic", which is a way to take in "good bacteria" to help protect your body from bad bacteria. An easy way to do this is by eating a cup of Activia yogurt per day.

I don't use soap, on my genital area, I do eat activia yogurt every day Im 76yr old first time I have this weird feeling, feeling like
pulling in the muscle in back of the clitoral area

Ok. You might have a little tear there (can be common well after menopause as the tissues down there thin and become more fragile) that gets dripped on towards the end of urination and is uncomfortable. Some over the counter, nonhormonal ointments that you can try are Replens or Luvena. They're vaginal ointments that can help make the tissues more robust and healthy.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the responses provided please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!