Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have chest pain for about 8 hours now not too sure if

Customer Question
I have chest pain...

I have chest pain for about 8 hours now not too sure if heart burn or something else. Taken tums not helping. Can you tell me what’s wrong?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No heart disease in family heath is good. If I breathe sometimes it hurts.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Depression, anxiety leg sidrom

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Does the chest pain increases with exertion like upon walking?

Any numbness or tingling in left arm?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

A bit on my right arm and numbness a little on right leg.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having chest pain for about 8 hours now does not seem to be due to heart disease.

The causes of non cardiac chest pain are: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems, especially fibromyositis (muscle inflammation) or it can be due to anxiety and panic attacks.

Angina can be present with any of the following symptoms:

-Pain and discomfort in your chest. This pain can feel dull, heavy, tight or severe.
-Pain and discomfort that may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach.
-Lightheadedness
-Weakness
-Dizziness
-Palpitations, sweating, feeling sick or shortness of breath.
-An angina pain does not usually last long. It will usually ease within 10 minutes when you rest.

None of your symptoms match for angina/heart disease.

So this seems most likely to be non-cardiac cause.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh