Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have low blood pressure symptoms right now. What to do?

Customer Question
JA: When was last time...
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: Yesterday. It was 88/60. I was being treated for a nasal infection. This a.m. felt faint when having diarrhea;lyi g down now and doing better.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Whipple surgery, osteoporosis fractures,IBS, balance problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg.

Yesterday your blood pressure reading of 88/60 was lower then normal.

First the cause of low blood pressure is to be determined.There are various causes of it:dehydration,moderate or severe bleeding,Severe inflammation of organs inside the body,heart diseases,vasovagal reaction,adrenal insufficiency,imbalance of electrolytes.

Treatment depends on the cause.So first the cause of low blood pressure is to be determined and then treatment is done accordingly.The cause of low blood pressure can be determined with blood tests, radiologic studies, and cardiac testing. In general terms common table salt dissolved in water when drinked raises the blood pressure.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor