Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 39 and having some lower back pain in both sides,

Customer Question
Hi,I am 39 and having...
Hi,I am 39 and having some lower back pain in both sides, recent and it is dull and just above my belly button line but to the rear / sides of back. I keep fit, don't drink that much really and eat quite well. Should I be worried about kidney cancer as I am stressing!Thanks
Darren
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.

Thanks for your question.

I need some more information.

Do you have any other symptoms related to the urinary system like blood in urine, frequency of urination, hesitancy while passing urine?

When do you get this pain, with activity, at night time or is it constant?

Do you have any weight loss, fatigue etc...?

Any family history of kidney cancer?

Hi,No blood in my urine, it is clear. Frequency of urination is normal and has not changed and no hesitancy while passing urine.Pain not really with activity and is kind of constant but dull in both sides, it is more of a recent thing.I have no weight loss and no fatigue + no family history.ThanksDarren
Dear Darren
Thanks for your reply.
I don't feel that you have anything to be worried about Kidney cancer with the description you have provided.
Backache is a nearly universal phenomena with almost everyone getting it sometimes in their life.
With absence of any signs of symptoms which may suggest cancer your pain is likely to be arising from your lower spine.
You sure have your lower back examined by doctor and have any relevant investigations like X-rays done to delineate any problem with the spine.
Act your age it is common to start developing degenerative disc disease which can cause pain and discomfort in the back.
I feel you need to get that ruled out.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
you do not feel that it is anything serious like kidney cancer, just something age related that I just need to get checked out?I was just worrying about cancer : (I guess from doing heavy weights like squats and deadlifts this could have aggravated my back?I 100% don't seem to have any of the other symptoms you mention, just the dull ache in my sides.

I am pretty sure that you do not have cancer.

Your exercise might have aggravated the problem with your back.

Hi,In relation to the above I am still getting lower back pain in the sides, it does hurt and feel a bit tender when I press the area? Is it my kidneys? Could I have a kidney infection/disease? Could I have a urine infection? Still worried about cancer!