Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Leonard, age 77, i have sufferered with severe migrains and…

Customer Question
my name is ***** *****...
my name is ***** ***** age 77, i have sufferered with severe migrains and lower back pain.after trying so many pain meds, i was sent to a DR dealing in pain. at that time i was dealing with severe migrains and lower back paid and diabetic nerve pain.taking percocet and others, i needed more and more.i was sent to DR for pain i went he put me on oxycodone 30 mg 3 times a day. my new primary dr has tryed cutting me down. he also sent me to a pain DR. pain DR has told him to keep me on oxycodone, and reduce zanex. in 2 months i was off zanax.why is my primary dr insect on reducing my pain med, add to this late oct ,nov 2017 i had a lung operation and have much more pain. what is his reason, since that stand of mass DR has approved it.why would a DR want to keep me in pain ? he reduced me to 15 mg on his own.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. fyi avoid typing in your name as this is not a private forum. What is "stand of mass dr"? Your primary care dr does not have to prescribe anything he or she is not in agreement with. It is his or hers license and your dr needs to use best judgment in treating you. Long term oxycodone is not appropriate for migraine or lower back pain. Pain from surgery last month should be addressed by the surgeon who operated on you. The fact that a pain dr approved or recommended a specific medication does not obligate a second physician to prescribe it for you. It sounds like you need a new pain management dr