Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I believe i need to see a doctor but live in Lockhart and…

Customer Question
I believe i need...

I believe i need to see a doctor but live in Lockhart and need a doctor in the Bee cave, Austin area. I have had 5 loose bowel movements since last night. They have been black. First thought it might be from the anti-diarrehea medicine but now I am getting concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take levothyroxin and lisinopril---allergic to nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had the lap band proceedure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Are you taking Pepto Bismol or any iron supplement?

Do you have black tarry stools?

Any abdominal pain, bloating?

no iron supps---what is tarry stools---yes pain and bloating---movements about every hour --violent runs---

Dark red is tarry. You need to go to nearest emergency room as these symptoms (pain, bloating, black stools) can be due to bleeding in intestines. You may need intravenous fluids too.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl